Thursday, October 20, 2011

Up Too Early

Hello all,

   It's about 6:30AM as I'm writing this and I would normally be sleeping, but it seems the universe had different plans for me this morning.  On any normal morning my daughter (who shall be named Cupcakes for the time being [as that is what my wife calls her on her blog]) will wake up around 6:45 to 7:00 to eat.  My wife is the one who gets up to feed her, as I am not equipped to perform such a task, and I get to continue my glorious dreams.  My wife is good enough to let me sleep in for about another hour, because I work late, and I end up dragging my cranky behind out of bed around 8:30ish.
   Today, however, I was not afforded this luxury.  I work as a security officer at a local gaming establishment and am sometimes lucky enough to pick up an extra shift.  Over a week ago I signed up for an early shift for today which would require me to wake up around 5:30 this morning.  However, I was not even afforded the luxury of sleeping in this late because Cupcakes decided that sleep is overrated(oh how she'll change her mind after nap time is no longer on the schedule) and woke up at about 4:45.  So I spent most of the time before I left trying (unsuccessfully) to sooth her back to sleep.  That's not even the best part.  I eventually have to give up to leave for work and I head out the door to the sound of my baby's cry.  As I get about a quarter of the way to work, I get a phone call from one of my bosses that they don't need the extra help today.  Apparently they figured this out several days ago but neglected to tell me till now.
  I am now sitting in my living room (awake) afraid to go into my bedroom because it sounds like she may have gone back to sleep.  Maybe I'll try to sleep out here for a little bit before everyone else in this house decides to get up.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gotta hate when that happens! Hopefully you will get some sleep soon!